06 October 2009

Drive me up the wall

While waiting for my driving session to start, i took the liberty to sit in the air conditioned waiting area meant for people enrolling for lessons. Woman next to me asked a few questions, then inquired.


Are you from Singapore?

Yes.

You sound like you're Indonesian.

No way.

So you're malay?



I didn't know i changed that much after a relationship.



So i got into the driver's seat and screwed up the first 97 minutes of my 100 minute lesson. It looked more like i was playing bumper cars than driving. My instructor got frustrated, no surprise there. Finally he said...


Forget everything i told you. Just stop thinking and drive.


So i tried it and for the last 3 minutes did perfectly.


You playing with me right? 97 minutes you could not drive, then last 3 minutes do everything perfectly, i don't know if i can pass you for this lesson or not!


Well so some part of me hasn't changed since the relationship. Heh. Exterior change only. But significant cross cultural exterior change.


But come to think of it (yes i know i think too much but this is my blog! I'm supposed to think here!) how in the world does British influence on a Chinese boy turn him into an Indonesian Malay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home