03 July 2009

Tears and Fears

I had a dream that i was talking to someone presently in the guards camp that i was once in.


He was a christian, and he was struggling in camp.


He just wanted to give up. Was it all worth it? He asked.


I looked at him. He looked like me. So i said to the Justin of a year ago.


When i look back, I thank God and say...


I had to paused here. I had never said what i was about to say before. The words were so heavy my teardrops started to well up with the great burden of bearing their weight. Had i known the amount of hurt, pain and suffering i was about to endure at the beginning, would i have ever taken this road? I gave him my answer


It was worth it. Serving You was all worth it.



I guess i finally understand why dad cried when he sent me off.


He knew the suffering would be plenty,
but he also knew i would be able to grow through much hardship.



It's not common for me to wake up in tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home