29 December 2007

What are you fighting for?

I run in a race
I begin to fall behind
I stop running.
It’s only a race

I sit for a test
I realise it’s hopeless
I keep trying
It’s not about beating others

I’ve been disappointed
In my lack of fighting spirit.
I should not have been disappointed
Becsuse I don’t have the fighting spirit.

I don’t fight to beat others
I fight for survival
I fight for the survival
Of all that I believe in

In the harshest of conditions
In the lowest points of morale
When people begin to change
I fight to remain

What am I fighting for?
Not to win a little race
Not to beat the guy in front of me
Not to show off to any body

No
I fight for a bigger cause
I fight in the ultimate battle
I fight for the survival
Of my character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home