27 November 2007

God Sends Gifts

I must say that of late I have not been in a very good stead. Maybe the subconscious subtle pollution of my mind has come to a degree that I’ve wavering in my stance. The influx of more negative than positive influence has shifted my stand and thus everything was beginning to fall apart. Right till today.


At 3 am I was still awake because of embarrassing reasons that will be listed below. And I got an sms reply to a message I sent much earlier asking if she’d forgotten me now that the A levels were finally over (as a means of starting conversation of course).

-
Well i haven’t
forgotten you :)
Haiz i just woke up
from a bad dream

-
How bad was it?
Wow. For some
stupid reason i’m
awake. Or I’ve
caused Mom to be
awake. I spilled
milk on her laundry.

-
(She was surprised I was still awake in her reply to this and asked if I’m still in camp- if I remember correctly. Our annual meeting was long overdue so I seized the moment as weird as the 3 am timing was.)
-
I’m clearing leave
till wednesday.
Wanna meet up?
Haha. What did you

dream about?
Today i had a very
powerful dream.
On a plane that
was just about to
crash.

-
How about we
meet up later? Oh
man .. I can’t
exactly remember .
I only remembered
yesterday’s bad
one too .It’s about
my friends and my
horrible results
Haha
-


So I met her at the airport this afternoon.
It had been a long time since…
Since I could speak to someone like that.
Didn’t realise that in trying so hard to help others
I needed people to help me too.
To talk me and walk me through my own struggles
And keep me on track.


Today
As we sat face to face
Side by side
I met God again
Through her.


It’s been a long time.


No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
–1 Corinthians 10:13



The spilt milk
The bad dreams
Of planes and results crashing
The many times we tried
But failed to meet up
Sure seemed like an omen
But it turned out
Today
Was God’s perfect time
To send me his gift


Thank you for being his gift to me.
For this little boy, you just saved the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home