28 March 2009

Distraction

Getting a haircut for me is a spiritual event. It's a time of renewal and is quite a ritual for me. I'd sit down, close my eyes, and pray for all the people i don't normally pray for till the cutting is done and i arise anew.


I began praying for people i've been out of contact with.
I started with Ming Choi, then Adora, then...


The door to the hair dresser's opened and in came a man with his little probably primary school girl. I kept my eyes closed and my head still but couldn't help listening to them.


Hair Dresser: Who is getting the haircut?
Man: Just my daughter. (to Daughter) Come tell auntie how you want your hair cut.
Daughter: Like Dora the Explorer!


I stopped praying at Adora.
Somehow I just could not take my mind off Dora.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home