14 September 2009

Incomparable, unchangeable...

The drink runs up the straw and sweetness stings my tongue.



I take a big gulp and the coke burns my throat.



The burger in my other hand is not worth what i paid.



I pick up a french fry, dab it in ketchup, take a bite and put the rest in my mouth.



I'm sitting alone in McDonalds.



I'm not willing to pay so much for food, but if a happy meal can give me what it's name promises, i'll gladly pay.



It's closing time soon.



___



This morning during worship i fell to my knees.
It's something i've never done at youth service before.
Something no one has done at youth service before.


This afternoon when the sanctuary was empty
i sat at the foot of the cross
speaking softly; words no man has ever heard.


Amanda passed through the hall without realising i was there.
She was startled when a voice called her by name
from beneath the big wooden cross
in a supposedly empty hall.



"What are you doing here?" she asked.


"Just sitting at the foot of the cross," I replied.


"Oh okay. You seem very emo lately."




But of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home