27 August 2009

Automatic Taps

Here's the good, the bad and the freaky in auto taps.



The Good: Singapore Changi Airport

I spent many weeks at the airport studying for my A levels. And these auto taps there really set the standard. Anyone coming through the airport would be impressed by our country's high technology level.



The Bad: Citylink Mall

Yesterday I spent a good few minutes in front of the 8 sinks. One by one i tried, and no water would come out from any of them. The sensor was cleverly disguised in a position i could not find for the first few minutes. When i finally did though, i still needed to put one hand at the sensor while washing the other hand. Seriously now, what's the point of investing in all that technology?



The Freaky: Marina Barrage

The flip side of what happened in Citylink mall. It's not easy getting there, but it's worth the travel because the barrage is a quiet place away from people. I was there and i was alone in the toilet. Washing my hands. When the auto tap at the end of the room came on and no one else was there. I laughed. It came on again. I stopped laughing. It came on again. I prayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home