21 May 2008

Tragedy

I was reading the papers last Tuesday and felt three things.


Helplessness. Disgust. Disappointment.


I was tearing just seeing the extreme devastation of the two tragedies
I wished I really had wings
I'd fly to Myanmar to give them help until aid arrives.
But I could not and I felt so helpless.


The first page on Tuesday's papers showed a man holding the hand of a dead kid.


Powerful.

The second page showed a woman screaming in pain as her leg had just been amputated.

Painful.

Below that picture was an advertisement by one of our universities with a smiling girl going,

Brilliant!

Jarring.


First article was on the Chinese earthquake.
The second article was on the Burmese Cyclone.
The third article was on the Indian terrorist bombings.
We humans are so stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home