17 December 2005

Flashback: Nightwatch

It was a Saturday night, 3rd December 2005, the night before a very significant Sunday for me. I was going to be worship leading in church for the last time this year during "youth" ministry. But more than that, there was a good chance my "hole in the wall" would be coming to worship for the first time when I was leading at my church.


Having stayed up late to complete my worship PowerPoint slides, I was famished for rest. I had to be in church early for practice, which meant barely 5 hours of sleep. I decided to sleep on the living room floor to make sure that I could get up in the morning. But God had other plans for my night. I was running a temperature.


I could not sleep because of that. Taking an ice pack, I tried to lie down and doze off, but my mind remained alert. Then at around 2 a.m., I found out why God allowed this to happen; my hand phone came to life. The message I received was asking me if I was still awake, and it contained little hope in that was so.
One of my mortals was in need.


I smiled and felt my wings spread out.


That night, I stayed up late; but went to sleep feeling as if a halo was on my head.
For one little big girl, I had saved the world.


If you ever say to someone you’ll be there for him or her, you better mean it. It’s as good as putting your self on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When that person does turn to you… you better be there for them like you said, or their pain could be made worst by the broken promise. I made a serious commitment becoming a GuardiAngel and live by that promise; Being there for the ones I love and have come to love.


By the way, I lasted through the next day with nothing but the thought of the task at hand and divine help from above keeping me going; at least through the morning. After that… I crashed. But still… It was a night well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home