08 December 2005

The Gift

Using the skills of craftsmanship that I had, I fashioned a ring for a close friend of mine. I have made many rings before, using materials ranging from plastic to metal to even leaves, but I have never made a ring so beautiful as this one. In fact, this one has a long history.


Borrowing some wire and a bead that looks like a pearl from my friends who were making earrings for open house, I made a ring for myself. The ring was too big for anyone's fingers originally, but I liked the design. It was much like the first one i made some years back, just that the wire was soft this time, so my fingers were not blistered, and the wire's sharp ends were not open, but hidden in the hole of the pearl. I brought it to school and it caught the eye of my friend who asked for it. So I decided to remake it.


Working hard into the night, I created a second ring by completely unwinding the first and starting from scratch. I corrected all the flaws and errors in the first. It was of such high quality and workmanship (on my side at least) that I thought it worthy of being more than just a normal gift. This was a Christmas present.


Yesterday I gave it to her. Even I was impressed when I looked upon it for the first time in days as I opened the box. It was really beautiful. Sadly... It was too small to fit on any of her fingers but the last one.


Even then... She really liked it. In fact, she had lost something very precious to her just a few days before, and this ring made her day. When I heard that... I was glad. That's encouraging... God's timing is perfect... I almost gave it too early. It may not seem like much, but I really put all I had into making the ring, and I'm really glad it helped in a way I never expected. So yeah... I saved the world again, in my own little way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home